Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ramona Alice

Our whole world has changed since I wrote that first foolish post.  Our beautiful daughter Ramona Alice was born sleeping on December 24, 2013.  It's been three weeks and we still can't believe this happened to our sweet, sweet little girl.  She was the most perfect baby girl I've ever seen.

I don't know how much I'll share here or how often, but I've been journaling again almost every day and it helps.  If writing here helps, I'll keep it up. If it doesn't, I'll drop it.

I can't believe this is our life now.

2 comments:

  1. I came over here from Brooke's comments, as I saw you were a mom with a more recent loss and wanted to send you some love. I am so sorry to hear of your daughter Ramona's death. This is a path we wish no one ever had to walk. It's true though, what Brooke wrote - the circle of grieving mothers becomes your lifeline, your reason to keep breathing at times, the liferaft in a really turbulent and horrible ocean. I remember moms who were farther down the path (like I am now) reaching out to me in my early days of grief and what a beacon of hope they seemed to be - proof that somehow, some way, life would go on, and I would even smile again. It does, and you will. Take your time. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Michele,
    I came across your blog from my friend Meghan's blog about Mabel. First off, I want to say how sorry I am about your loss and how much I love that you named your daughter Ramona.

    Also, your blog struck me because, besides being a fellow baby loss mama, the due date for our son Thomas was 12/27/13. It sounds like we were on the same gestation timeline. I ended up being induced at 42 weeks, but there were complications during the delivery that ultimately led to my son's passing in early March.

    I just wanted to reach out and say hi. Let you know I started reading your blog and that you're very much not alone in this grieving journey. Thank you for sharing. Where in the world are you physically located?

    patty in ct

    ReplyDelete